Patient's Charter is dear to KTS and observed by all the hospitals
under the TDM Healthcare Division. It is a quality initiative that sets
out a patient's rights and standards of service he or she should expect.
It is a reaffirmation of our commitment to the best interests of the
patients at all times. It also brings strength and knowledge so that
patients can make better decisions about their treatment and care.
As a patient of KTS, you have the right to:
Timely, adequate information and consent
- You shall be given adequate medical information such as medical condition, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- You shall be informed of any available alternative treatment.
- You shall be informed of the professional identity of your healthcare providers.
- You shall be entitled to a Medical Report upon request and payment of a reasonable fee.
- You shall be entitled to an itemised bill and explanation of hospital charges upon request.
shall, upon request, be given advice in relation to promotion,
preventive, curative medicine and rehabilitation to maintain a good
health and healthy lifestyle.
shall be given medical treatment, including treatment in emergency
situations, in accordance with the accepted standards of hospital care
Choices of Care
- You are entitled to refuse a recommended treatment and be discharged, at your own risk.
- You are entitled to request for a second opinion from an external physician.
- You are entitled to request for a referral to another healthcare provider.
- You are entitled to decline participation in medical research programmes.
Participation and Representation
* With the health professionals and personnel involved in direct healthcare, and
* Through consumer representation in planning and evaluating the system of
health services, the types and qualities of service and the conditions under
which health services are to be delivered.
- In the case of a minor, consent shall be obtained from the parent or guardian.
- If a patient is incapacitated and delay would be dangerous, a doctor shall carry out the necessary treatment or operation.
Privacy and dignity
- Your personal and medical information shall be confidential.
- Your privacy, dignity, religious and cultural beliefs shall be respected.
- You shall be treated in a safe, clean and comfortable environment.
shall be treated in an environment that is conducive to good health,
which included and extends to a health professional’s office, health
centre, ward and other treatment facilities.
Redress of Grievances
- You are entitled to raise any concern and to request for assistance from the hospital staff.
- You are entitled to have access to an appropriate grievance mechanism.
shall have access to appropriate redressed procedures and the right to
legal advice with regards to any malpractice by a doctor or other
shall have the right to recover damages for injury or illness incurred
or aggravated as a result of the failure of the healthcare professional
to exercise due care required of you.